True/False Questions about Capacitance

vendredi 28 février 2014

Answer true/false to the following statements about parallel-plate capacitors.





1) The charges on the two plates of a capacitor are equal.

2) Capacitance is the property of a device that enables it to store current.

3) The capacitance of a parallel-plate capacitor is proportional to the separation of the plates.

4) Charge is stored in the dielectric medium between the plates of a capacitor.

5) Adding a dielectric between the plates of an air capacitor decreases its capacitance.



So far:



1) False -charges on the two plates of a capacitor are equal BUT OPPOSITE.

2) False - ... enables it to store ELECTRIC CHARGE

3) False - capacitance is INVERSELY proportional to the separation of the plates.

4) True

5) False - adding a dielectric between the plates INCREASES its capacitance.



All incorrect answers I've tried: FFFTF, FTFFF, FTFTF, FTFTT, TFFTF, TTFFF, TTFTF, TTFTT



I've tried 8 different answers to no avail. I keep thinking I am interpreting the questions wrong.

If anyone can explain any of my errors I would really appreciate it!





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire