relativistic effects of a low orbit around supermassive objects

jeudi 27 février 2014

Hi everyone, first post here. Lurking for a while but it was time to register..

I'm trying to conceptualize an idea in which humans are sent to orbit a very massive object, like a neutron star, a magnetar or even possibly a black hole. I would like the ship to be relatively close to the surface that is spinning at maybe 50 hz, and also, the ship should be stationary above its surface.



So my questions are 1) can I do this without killing the astronauts,

2) What would be the major issues in entering and maintaining such an orbit?



3) What would they see, looking out the window up to the sky? Considering the relativistic effects of them spinning around the object at speeds near C.



I'd appreciate any thoughts on the subject!



/D





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire