[Circuits] Finding maximum power

jeudi 27 février 2014

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data



a. Find the Thevenin equivalent circuit across RL.

b. What is the value of RL for maximum power?

c. Calculate the maximum power that can be transferred to the resistor RL.







2. Relevant equations







3. The attempt at a solution



a. Rth=2.88 ohm

b. RL=2.88 ohm

c. P=154.3 mW



I have a test upcoming and we were given this as a practice question. Unfortuantely, there is no answer so I don't know if I it is correct or not. Can anyone let me know if my answers are right? I used MultiSim to check the answers for my other practice questions and I found mistakes. I can't use MultiSim to check this one.



This is the other similar problem that I need to make sure I have done correctly: http://ift.tt/1cVVTfR



My answer: P=69.4 mW





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire