Quantum perspectives in basic astrophysics?

jeudi 27 février 2014

Hi everybody!

I have been asked by the astronomy group at my campus to do one of a series of talks on basic astrophysics, on the quantum perspective in astrophysics. Basically I am to fill in gaps, cover the pre-requisites for others. We plan to have one session each on basic observational astronomy, relativity(special and general), stellar evolution, dark matter and dark energy, cosmology and theoretical models from particle physics, besides mine. The people here want me to cover topics like stellar spectroscopy, blackbody radiation and even wave-particle duality.



I am not very sure how to place quantum mechanics in all this, besides the emphasis on the unity of physical phenomena. Of course particle physics and all that stuff can be connected, but I may be out of my domain there, as well encroaching on the other talks. I want to be able to fit the objective of the particular hour in question with the overall plan, and I am not sure what to talk about in an hour that will be relevant. Can anybody help me with it? I would be grateful.





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire