HP.115 simulator model

vendredi 28 février 2014

Hi everyone,



In my project work, I have to "rebuild" the Handley Page HP.115 aircraft, using the simulator in my university. It is a Merlin MP521 and I am using the Excalibur II model editor. The aircraft was used to test the slender delta wing planform at low speeds as part of the Concorde development program. So my model flies, but the overall performance is very bad. I can barely reach the maximum speed of about 180 knots, the vertical speed is maximum 800ft/min without loosing speed and it is not possible to recap the flight profile of the original: High angles of attack at low speeds. I got my Cl, Cd, Cm over alpha data from a student who made a CFD analysis of the wing. I already converted the 3D data to 2D airfoil data and corrected the induced drag but the performance is still bad.



Are there a possiblity to approach the correct Cd values? I guess the drag is still far to high.

Or any other assumptions which could fix these problems.



Thanks and Cheers

Babb





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire