Light (and UV) output of flourescent tubes.

jeudi 27 février 2014

Hello all,

Long time no see.



I am hoping to find someone with knowledge of light output (in particular UVA output) of fluorescent tube lights. I have 2 questions:



-Should I expect the light output of a 20 watt CFL bulb and a 20 watt 2 foot long fluorescent tube to be the same, or different (allowing for variation between manufacturers)?



-Will BL lights (such as for bug-zappers) emit more UVA than BLB lights (such as for security checking passports, raves etc)?



Basically I need a source of UVA light for photographic printing and am trying to find the best way to light an area the size of A3 paper as brightly as possible for relatively little cash. I have a couple of CFL BLB lamps but am considering replacing them as they are a bit on the weak side for me. Mercury vapour is out of the question due to cost, so I think I'm pretty much confined to fluorescent. Presence or absence of visible light is not an issue. The collective knowledge of google seems quiet about the subject and I am unsure where else to ask



Thanks in advance,



Matt





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire