Transformers

mercredi 30 octobre 2013

So I've been wondering if anyone in PF could explain to me the reasons currents can either increase or decrease in a transformer depending on the wiring.



I understand electromagnetic fields/forces, magnetic flux, and I even could tell you the input and output currents given a transformer with the number of turns of each winding.



However, I never learned the reason why in, for example, a step up transformer is able to increase voltage but the current decrease. I understand that these values have to inversely change from one another to keep constant power, but I want to know why a changing magnetic flux through more coils creates less current and greater voltage and why changing the flux through fewer coils creating lower voltage and higher current.



Any help?






via Physics Forums RSS Feed http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=719852&goto=newpost

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire