showing a sequence is monotonically increasing

mercredi 30 octobre 2013

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data



Prove that if ##0<c<1## then llim##c^{\frac{1}{n}}=1## using the monotone convergence theorem.



2. Relevant equations







3. The attempt at a solution

I let ##c_n=c^{\frac{1}{n}}## and it follows since ##0<c<1 \implies 0<c^{\frac{1}{n}}<1## Thus ##c_n## is bounded above by 1. Now I want to show that ##c_n## is monotonically increasing by induction but im not sure how to do it. So for my base case I know I need to show ##c_1<c_2## And for my inductive case I suppose that ##c_k<c_{k+1}## and show ##c_{k+1}<c_{k+2}## which is what im stuck on.






via Physics Forums RSS Feed http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=719890&goto=newpost

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire