quadratic equation - how to understand the impact of the middle term?

mercredi 30 octobre 2013

Hi,



I am trying understand if there is a quick way to figure out the impact of the X term in a quadratic equation.



For example, by looking at the following equation, I know that it is a parabola (X^2) ; by looking at 24, I know that it is the y-intercept. However, I don't know what is the impact of the middle term (10X). I don't know what will happen to the curve if I change it to 20X. I know that the parabola will shift to the left or right but not sure exactly.





y = X^2 + 10X +24



Is there a way to figure of the effect of the middle term?



Thanks.






via Physics Forums RSS Feed http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=719886&goto=newpost

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire