Interpolation, proving P[x_0,x_1,...,x_n] = 0

jeudi 31 octobre 2013

Hi,

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

I am asked to show that P[x0,x1,...,xn] = 0 for P(x) [itex]\in[/itex]∏n-1 without directly using the property that the divided difference

over n+1 nodes is the nth derivative. The hint says to use the formula for the error.



2. Relevant equations







3. The attempt at a solution

I am not quite sure how to approach this. I am familiar with the expression for the error. I am also familiar with Rolle's Theorem, or Mean Value Theorem, but am I allowed/supposed to use that based on the indications in the question?

I'd appreciate some guidance. Thanks!






via Physics Forums RSS Feed http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=720064&goto=newpost

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire