Inequalities, trigonometric and x exponent.

mercredi 30 octobre 2013

These are the two last problems I'll bother you with for a short while (I love this forum, I'll definitely stay on and hopefully be able to contribute in the future).



1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Problem 1:

(##-x^2##-1)sin2x > 0 , xe[0,2[itex]\pi[/itex]]



Problem 2:

##2^{-x^2+x+2}## < 4





2. Relevant equations







3. The attempt at a solution



For the first problem:



(##-x^2##-1)sin2x > 0 , xe[0,2[itex]\pi[/itex]]



Since x is an element within a positive boundary, can I write the problem as:



sin(2x) ≤ 0



Why, or why not?



Other than that, I need to refresh my knowledge on solving inequalities.



Any help or input is appreciated while I attempt to gather more info.






via Physics Forums RSS Feed http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=719871&goto=newpost

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire