Magnitude of torque in a circuit?

mercredi 30 octobre 2013

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

What is the torque in the circuit in the attached document?





2. Relevant equations

τ = μ x B



μ = (I)(A)



3. The attempt at a solution



See attached document for solution. I'm very confused by how to relate each torque together. I know that for each segment of wire, that there will be different torques and the total amount of torque in the circuit can be summed by the amount of torque in each segment of wire. I have one segment pointing in a downwards y direction, another that points in the -x direction, and the last that is perpendicular, so it is a triangular shaped current. For the perpendicular segment, I know that it can will have torques at the x and y axis using sin and cosine of the angle formed. However, I'm not sure I recall how to sum torques in different directions or how to properly relate them together? Any help is appreciated.




Attached Images





File Type: jpg Magnitude of torque in a circuit.jpg (48.1 KB)








via Physics Forums RSS Feed http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=719892&goto=newpost

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire