Which is better, being an aerospace engineer or a pilot?

mardi 31 décembre 2013

So i have a best friend and we're both taking this course what you call BS in Aeronautical Engineering.



However, the difficulty of math subjects made him decide to plan to shift to BS in Air Transportation (Pilot) but he doesn't have money. He's inviting me to join him in a business but the problem is, we still need money (debit) for that business.



The business we're planning is buy and sell of repaired cars which were formerly salvaged/damaged. We're not gonna repair, we will pay someone to repair for those salvaged cars just in case.



He told me to shift to air transportation with him. It's alright for me to shift to air transportation because I also want to be a pilot at the same time, I want to be an aerospace engineer. Now we're deciding whether we will try networking to earn money, which is very doubtful because of the way they sales talk, or find a good job this summer. But the problem is we're still young, both 17 yrs old, and we don't have experience to get a good job. I will turn 18 this march and I think I can apply in a call centre but the problem is, he's still a minor on summer so he can't work. We're planning to share everything we will earn just in case.



Here's my personal problem. I'm not actually in a hurry to be a pilot. I also want to be an engineer. My dream is to be an engineer and a test pilot at the same time. I don't care which job i will get first, either as a pilot or an engineer. As of now, I'm taking an engineering course because I don't have money for air transportation and so does he.



My another problem is, if our plan to make a business will turn into garbage, he will join the military and earn for experience until he gets that something like scholarship to be a pilot, but i don't want to join the military. Now I'm encouraging him to stay in this course but I can't convince him anymore because he is too worried that maybe he will fail some math subjects and repeat again.



It's hard to say no to your best friend because simply he's a best friend. I'm not saying that I don't like his idea but I think it's too way risky. Its very difficult to lose a person who helps u and most of all, trusts u a lot. I never expected that he will trust me so much, that he chose me to be the person who will make a helping hand with him together. It's like, I can't imagine myself taking this course without a friend like him. I'm willing to help him to that business part but to join the military, as his second choice, i just don't want to join it.



This course is just so hard! So what am i gonna choose? Should I join him in that business just in case we successfully make that plan. Join him in military which i don't like (as his second choice)? Shift to BS air transportation when we successfully make that business plan?



So what should i do? And what should I tell to convince him to just stay in this engineering course just in case?



Making a business to gain money to fulfill your dreams is so risky especially buy and sell.

Everything is risky. Nothing is wrong with trying, but i don't want to regret someday.



And Lastly, which is better, to be a pilot or to be an aerospace engineer?

In terms of:

Salary

Experience

Stability

Opportunity



What should I take first, flying or aerospace engineering? I want to design that's why I want to be an engineer at the same time, I want to fly an airplane which is why I'm planning to be a test pilot but I know, to be a test pilot requires flying experience so I also need to be a full-time commercial pilot. How many years of experience do I need to be qualified as a test pilot?



And for flight engineer, does it require flying experience because my best friend told me that it does? I told him that flying is so sensitive when it comes to your health status. So we need an alternative job just in case.



We also plan to franchise a business but I think we cannot be an engineer/pilot and a businessman at the same time. I want to be a manager of an airline if ever I will be given a chance or why not just build my own airline someday?



Any opinions will be accepted except the rude ones. Thank you!





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire