Polarisation past paper question

lundi 30 décembre 2013

Question



Attachment 65232



For (i)



I assumed that the light was plainly polarised as there is only a difference in amplitude



For (ii)



There is a negative sign infront of the amplitude which I ignored as it doesn't change the polarisation but one is cos and the other is sin, so there is a phase shift of pi/2 and hence the light is lefty circularly polarised?



For (iii)



There is a cos so a phase change of pi/2 but also another change of pi/2 so again the light would be plainly polarised??



Any help with this would be great as it is for my exam!:) I should also say I don't know how to sketch the tip of the resultant vector not sure what this means!!





Thanks a bunch!!!








0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire