Engineering or Physics for Entrepreneurship?

lundi 30 décembre 2013

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and joined because I really had limited options on who to ask. Just as a side note (and this is serious, not a joke), if I had the ability to, I'd learn several engineering degrees because my ultimate dream is to be a super-engineer (like Tony Stark), but since I can't, I have choices to make.



I'm in high school (grade 12) and will be attending a Canadian University (UBC/Queens/McGill/UofT/Waterloo), but not sure what to study. My main goal is to become a successful entrepreneur like Elon Musk, who is my biggest role model and inspiration. What I don't understand is that he got a bachelors in business and PHYSICS, yet his work is almost all related to engineering. I understand he transferred from Queens to PENN for business, but stayed another year for physics. Does that mean he did physics in one year or did he do a double major? Also, is physics better to become an entrepreneur (because of the thinking skills and broad knowledge) or engineering (because of the application skills)?

My current thoughts for degrees is Electrical Engineering, Engineering physics, and Physics. If I want to become an entrepreneur like Elon, which of these should I take?


I don't want to be one of those engineers who works behind a desk, or does the same stuff everyday. I want to be creative and analytic like physics majors while having the ability to apply physics like an engineer. I don't want to be a machine, but a self-thinking innovator.

Whichever degree I choose, I still plan on taking some business courses on the side or minor in business, just for basic knowledge so I know a bit about economics/entrepreneurship.



Also, what exactly is Engineering Physics? Would job options be as good as electrical engineers, and would I gain the analytic thinking abilities of physics majors? In my scenario, which degree would you say fits me best?





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire