Questions about edX (opencourseware) on college resume?

mardi 31 décembre 2013

This coming semester, the only courses I have left to finish my AA are Calc III, Physics II, and ODE. So, I figured I would take some additional opencourseware since I will have the spare time. On that note, I was hoping some of you might give me insight into some questions I had regarding opencourseware from edX that awards you certifications on completion:



1. Is it worth earning the certifications on edX or just audit at your own pace? Do colleges really consider those types of "badges" to have any accreditation at all?



2. Tying into question 1, is it worth putting completed opencourseware on your college resume for grad schools? If so, should it only be ones you can back up with certifications? For example, I took MIT's physics 8.01 in conjunction with my college's course to complement it, but only audited it (no cert.). Should things like that be added to the resume?



3. I know for physics majors, grad schools like to see linear algebra, which is one of the courses I plan to take on edX soon. Would that be acceptable as having learned it, or should I have the course on my college transcript?



Anyway, I know regardless of what grad schools think of it, the OCW is a great addition to my education. It's always great seeing courses from another perspective where there are different focuses. The MIT OCW is also far more comprehensive than my college's courses. I'm just wondering what would be the best way to display that additional education to grad schools?





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire