Simple Harmonic Motion Help Please

mardi 31 décembre 2013

Attachment 65258

I need help for the second part please. How do the oscillations being damped prevent them from being S.H.M. as well the other 2 points? I need an explanation so I can understand. The oscillations would still have the same time period eve if they are damped.



Attachment 65259

Low frequency due to mass/density (of spheres)



Can someone please explain that to me as I don't understand it.



Attachment 65260

Isn't T supposed to be constant as it is independent of the amplitude theta, right?



T=2pisqrt(m/k)

So surely as m increases T increases like the graph of y=sqrt(x)?



How does good suspension in a car help prevent resonance in the various parts of the car?

Prevention of resonance:

Damps oscillations (1)

Fewer forced oscillations (1)

Explanation of damping [e.g. in terms of energy transfers] (1) Max 2



For the last part, I understand that the suspension damps oscillations, but I'm not fully sure how there are fewer forced oscillations. Is it because that the damping causes the oscillations to die away quicker, so they stop quicker. Hence there are fewer forced oscillations?



Attachment 65261

I think the MS answer is wrong as I got k=1.40Nm^-1 using T=2π√(m/k). What did others get?





THANKS SO MUCH!:biggrin:




Attached Images

















File Type: png Q+MS.png (22.9 KB)
File Type: png Q+MS 2.png (32.9 KB)
File Type: png Q+MS 3.png (15.2 KB)
File Type: png Q+MS 5.png (6.6 KB)







0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire