VECTORS, NEWTONG SECOND LAW [Chapter 4, question 5 (Focus on Concepts)

dimanche 31 août 2014

Two vectors acting on a moving object that has a mass of 27kg.One force has a magnitude of 12 N and points due south, while the other force has a magnitude of 17N and points due west,find acceleration of the object?



Calculate the resultant force acting on the object:

RF² = 12² + 17²

RF² = 433

RF = 20.8N



Acceleration =force/mass

Acceleration = 20.8/27

acceleration = 0.770m/s²



Direction:

Tan Θ = 12/17

Tan Θ = 0.7059

Θ = 35.2° south of west





*********************************************************************** ************I understand everything but the last part under "Direction"



First, I want to know if my graph is ok. Can you please tell me if my graph of the problem is OK?




Attached Images





File Type: png question 5.png (17.5 KB)







0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire