have 12v AC, converted to 12v DC, motor slow

samedi 30 août 2014

Hello All,



I have a stater that puts out AC voltage, at max RPM it produces 40 volts. I have a voltage regulator installed parallel and it controls volts to max 14+v AC.



I need to run an 80 watt 12V DC cooling fan so I installed a little block that has 4 diodes inside. Possibly this is called a rectifier, Im not sure. I was told how to install with AC on two posts and DC load on the two posts that are labeled "+" and "-".



After install and test I have found that the fan is spinning slower than if I powered the fan from a 12V battery. ( I would like not to run a battery )





Would a DC motor run slower with a 12V AC converted to DC than just wiring it to a 12V DC car battery?









Please explain in simple terms as this is not my field of expertise.







This is a snowmobile motor with a 230 watt stater plate and I am cooling it with a radiator and fan similar to a car setup. the fan is 12v DC 80 watt.



Thank you in advance for any input to help with original fan speed to gain more airflow to cool motor.





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire