Medical Physics: Grad School Advice

samedi 30 août 2014

Hi,

I was hoping to apply to some of the graduate programs in Medical Physics this fall and needed some advice/suggestions for the same. It would be great if someone could help me out with the following issues:


  • Is it a good idea to consider only the CAMPEP accredited programs?

  • If I am considering only the programs in the US and Canada, which are some of the good masters programs to look into that are not too competitive and expensive at the same time for an international student?

  • If I pursue a M.Sc. in Medical Physics in Canada from a CAMPEP accredited program, is it possible to move to the US for a job and vice versa?

  • What are some of the important things to keep in mind while applying to Medical Physics programs? I applied to a significant number of programs for a Ph.D last year, and most of them resulted in rejections despite of having a descent profile with prior research experience in Particle Physics. I thought this was probably due to the lesser intake of Ph.D. students as compared to Masters students, and they would probably prefer someone having relevant research experience. I was eventually accepted into Duke, but the program was too expensive. Seeing this, is it a good idea to apply to Masters programs this year?

  • I have seen some conflicting views about the job prospects for Medical Physics graduates on this forum. Which one of them can be considered as a realistic scenario?







0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire