How do i gain intuition to learn and remember physics?

dimanche 31 août 2014

Throughout my life, most of the things I've learned have come naturally, and seem to commit to memory without the need for much effort.



However now while I'm in the process of self-studying math and physics, i find that i constantly seem to forget everything i learn and can only make progress by making rigorous use of memorization techniques and disciplined note review.



However i had been hoping to just read physics materials and naturally absorb content and get an intuitive feel for it overtime, as note taking and the need for memorization techniques kind of suck the joy out of the process.



The problem is i feel like I'm just reading a bunch of random facts and equations and cant solidify or connect the information in some meaningful structure, so i keep forgetting it all.



I also forget because many of the equations seem to make no intuitive sense to me so i cant deduce them in practical situations.



i.e. I have no idea why centripetal acceleration is velocity times itself and then divided by the radius.



So i suppose my questions are:



1. Does anyone have an alternative perspective or mental framework they could suggest which would help me latch on to, intuitively understand, and categorize physics concepts more efficiently?

2. How can i get a better natural intuition/understanding for equations?





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire