How to model the flight kinematics of an airplane with air resistance?

dimanche 31 août 2014

I want to derive some equations for a 2-D airplane's motion, specifically when it lifts off and lands. Can someone show me where I can start and how I can use differential equations to develop equations like the speed/position of the airplane in its x and y components?



Also, if anyone is wondering, the assumptions I'm making is that there's an air resistance force that acts opposite to the instantaneous direction of motion and is proportional to the speed of the aircraft at that point (also constant lift coefficients, pressure, area). I also want to assume that the aircraft is accelerating with a constant force.



Any suggestions or help is appreciated :)





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire