Complex number question

samedi 30 août 2014

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data



Hi guys, I have no idea what this question wants me to do. Any clarification would be appreciated.



Let z0, z1, z2, z3 and z4 be the solutions that you obtained. Use the factorization



z5+1= (z - z0) (z - z1) (z - z2) (z - z3) (z - z4)



to determine the complex number that is obtained by multiplying together all the solutions of the equation z5= -1.



3. The attempt at a solution



These are the solutions I managed to calculate



z0= cos(pi/5) + i sin(pi/5)



z1= cos(3pi/5) + i sin(3pi/5)



z2= cos(pi) + i sin(pi)



z3= cos(7pi/5) + i sin(7pi/5)



z4= cos(9pi/5) + i sin(9pi/5)



Does the question want me to plug these in and multiply them out because there's no chance that's happening or am I missing something?



Thanks in advance. :smile:





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire