Which field would fit me?

mardi 30 juillet 2013

Hello, I have been interested in physics since I was 9 (i'm 15) and am going to be taking my first physics class sophomore year in this coming year. It got me thinking as to what type of physics I want to pursue. I am really interested with space and how it works and the fundamentals of what had to happen and what will happen to certain things. I was hoping to be an Astrophysicist after college but have come to a crossroad in my decision. Astrophysics, as of my current understanding, includes many different branches of physics and I am wondering if I could learn the whole (or try at least) to learn the whole spectrum of those sub-fields. some examples of the sub-fields are: mechanics, electromagnetism, statistical mechanics, thermodynamics, quantum mechanics, relativity, nuclear and particle physics, and atomic and molecular physics. Also then there divided by space regions: The main Branches of Astrophysics or Astronomy are: Solar Astrophysics, Stellar Astrophysics, Planetary Astrophysics, Galactic Astrophysics, Extra-galactic Astrophysics, and Cosmology. Is it possible to try and learn all of these to an experts extent of knowledge? I understand I might be getting ahead of myself and will eventually figure this out, but I am just curious as to if I have to choose which one to go into. Thank you for any advice.






via Physics Forums RSS Feed http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=703585&goto=newpost

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire