Physics BS then Aerospace MS or Engineering Physics MS?

mercredi 31 juillet 2013

I am currently pursuing a BS in Physics and a BS in Astronomy (a lot of the classes are the same). The thing is, I have been in love with NASA my whole life and thought I should go for an AE degree but multiple people who know aerospace engineers at NASA said not to go into such a "specific degree" (???) and instead to do ME or physics. Well I got out of AE in my college application which took me out of the engineering school and I chose to do physics. I thought I loved astrophysics but I just don't see myself as a researcher but more of an engineer. There is a "Space Science" option of physics at my school which also takes AE courses along with Physics courses up to Quantum II (so no Quantum III nor a Senior Thesis) I can't make myself let go of the astronomy BS so if I do the space science option, I will probably need one more semester after the four years. If I do the regular option, I will have loads of space in my schedule for senior year but the AE and ME classes are restricted to those majors. I was thinking that if I do the space science option, then the MS in AE wont be bad and if I do the regular physics option, I could do an MS in engineering physics (because it also sounds cool) but I will have to go into Quantum III which seems really hard and do a senior thesis which sounds scary. I was thinking of working more on satellites and space telescopes amungst other things an AE or EP would do. Can anyone help? BTW I am going to start my sophomore year in college.






via Physics Forums RSS Feed http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=703743&goto=newpost

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire