The philosophy of squaring > Why no f=ma^2

mercredi 31 juillet 2013

Please watch 05:00 to 08:00



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbmFcGhTnS0



Force = Mass x Acceleration



So for example,



F=10 grams x 3 acceleration



What that really means is,



F=10 grams x 1 acceleration



F=10 grams x 1 acceleration



F=10 grams x 1 acceleration



So for every X amount of mass, you get X amount of acceleration. There's a relation here. The amount of mass you get for every acceleration is constant. It has to be. That's the logic behind multiplication. If you have 3 balloons, & multiply them by 3, you get 9. Because 3 x 1 + 3 x 1 + 3 x 1 = 9. If 3 x 1 didn't always equal 3, then the equation would collapse.



Let's go back to the example,



F= 10 grams x 3 acceleration = 30



If I double the mass, I get 20 grams. So, 60.



If I double the acceleration, I get 6. So, 60.



I'm not seeing this "building up of squares."



Leibniz was convinced that the energy of an object was made up of it's mass x it's velocity, squared



So why no f=ma^2



I guess I don't understand the difference between energy & force.






via Physics Forums RSS Feed http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=703753&goto=newpost

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire