g77/mountain lion/xcode 4.6 help

mardi 30 juillet 2013

First, let me state that I know g77 is no longer supported.



Second, I'm not a fortran developer, I'm simply trying to set up a lab for some grad students in the Geological Sciences department at UNC-CH.



I volunteered to help them set up there new lab with a brand new software image, including the following:



Mountain Lion 10.8.4

Xcode 4.6

Fink 0.35.1

gfortran 4.8.1 (downloaded from hpc.sourceforge.net)

g77 3.4.0 (also downloaded from hpc.sourceforge.net)

among others...



I can compile just fine with gfortran, but when I attempt to compile anything with g77 (even a simple hello.f) I receive the following error:



ld: warning: -macosx_version_min not specified, assuming 10.7

ld: warning: PIE disabled. Absolute addressing (perhaps -mdynamic-no-pic) not allowed in code signed PIE, but used in __start from /usr/lib/crt1.o. To fix this warning, don't compile with -mdynamic-no-pic or link with -Wl,-no_pie



I've done a fair amount a research, but most solutions are to "stop using g77". And while I agree that that would be the ideal solution, the PI and grad students are adamant they need g77 to compile some of their older code.



FWIW, if I run: g77 hello.f [-no_pie] I receive the following response:

g77: no match.



Any help would be very much appreciated. If there is another/better avenue to request support, I'd be happy to follow those recommendations as well. I can't be the only person trying to get g77 to compile on a freshly installed copy of mountain lion, right?



Thanks so much in advance,

Zachary Fisher

Systems Administrator, UNC-Chapel Hill






via Physics Forums RSS Feed http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=703568&goto=newpost

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire