Forces at Impact on Object

mardi 30 juillet 2013

I have a complicated problem I'd like some assistance with.



I have a 17,000 lb vehicle traveling at 10mph and impacting a series of 4000lb jersey barriers connected by a 1" steel cable through the inside of the jersey barriers. The cable will be anchored at each end by 22,000lb blocks. The spacing in between the jersey barriers is 30 inches. Total length of jersey barrier and cable configuration is 100ft. What is the tensile strength of the steel cable I need to stop the vehicle? Distance required to stop the vehicle is negligible, I just need it to stop! Assume modulus of elasticity of the steel in tension is 28 x 10^3 ksi.



I'm stumped and any help would be greatly appreciated!






via Physics Forums RSS Feed http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=703604&goto=newpost

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire