Intensity v.s. sound intensity

mercredi 31 juillet 2013

Here's a question I got on an exam:



During a typical workday (eight hours), the average sound intensity arriving at Larry's ear is 1.8 x 10-5 W/m2. If the area of Larry's ear through which the sound passes is 2.1 10-3 m2, what is the total energy entering each of Larry's ears during the workday?



People in my course were discussing the method to answering this and they were saying you have to use the intensity = power/area equation, but I thought the question was asking for sound intensity. The answer they got was Energy = 0.0011 J. The answer I got was 6.05 * 10^-11 J.

Can you tell me which one is right, because I'm confused now? Thanks!






via Physics Forums RSS Feed http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=703736&goto=newpost

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire