Work done by a person climbing stairs

samedi 30 novembre 2013

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Calculate the work done by a 52.98 kg person, who climbs a set of 0.20 m tall stairs (starting from rest) in 2.96s.

Calculate the power required to achieve this.





2. Relevant equations

w=F•d



3. The attempt at a solution

My issue with this question has been identifying the force which is acting in the situation. I know that Fg applies (mass • 9.81 m/s) and that there must be an applied force of some sort because the person is moving (working against gravity, I suppose?), but I am not sure which information I should use to calculate the "F" variable in the w=F•d equation. I think they want the power in watts (Joules per second).






via Physics Forums RSS Feed http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=725817&goto=newpost

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire