Rate of Reaction?

samedi 30 novembre 2013

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Hello all,



I'm currently in high school and I'm doing a biology experiment with catalase reacting with hydrogen peroxide. I have measured the total amount of gas produced in terms of mL during the reaction which took place over 30 seconds.



Throughout the experiment I'm testing different concentrations of hydrogen peroxide - 3%, 2.4%, 1.8%, 1.2% and 0.6%.



2. Relevant equations

If I would like to calculate the average rate of reaction do I simply divide the total amount of gas produced with time?



We were not allowed to use a pressure sensor by our teacher.



3. The attempt at a solution

For example:



Hydrogen Peroxide Concentration: 3%

Gas Produced: 60 mL of O2

Time: 30 sec

Rate of reaction: 2 mL O2/sec



Is this correct? Is the unit correct?



- Flomer






via Physics Forums RSS Feed http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=725774&goto=newpost

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire