How to solve this ode

vendredi 29 novembre 2013

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data



I am looking to solve the r(λ) null Schwarzschild geodesic in terms of the affine parameter λ, but I have not seen this done anywhere and I am not sure that it is even possible to do this somewhat close to analytically. As best I know there is no use-able boundary conditions for this ode, but I will be happy with any method which can give me an answer in terms of a series of polynomials or anything of that sort.



The equation is given as



[itex] (\frac{dr}{dλ})^2 = E^2 - \frac{L^2}{2r^2} + \frac{GML^2}{r^3} [/itex]



I tried seperating, solving the radial coordinate and then back-solving for λ, but this was very far from being useful. Mathematica is not much help in solving this ode sadly. I even tried a u=1/r substitution and did not get very far that way.






via Physics Forums RSS Feed http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=725607&goto=newpost

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire