incomplete integration explanation

vendredi 29 novembre 2013

hello,



i have a question about an explanation of integration as finding the area under a curve. I don't have any problems doing the integration but it's more a case of why?



Finding the area bound by two curves is easy enough but what does that area actually mean?



I know that it's a useful tool applied to physical examples where the area under the curve of something like radioactive decay has units, but I don't understand what it means to speak of area without giving it some units.



I hope that makes sense and that I have posted this in a relevant subsection. I don't know if it's a useful question to ask, but if there is an answer out there, I would be interested to know.



Thanks,



BOAS






via Physics Forums RSS Feed http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=725627&goto=newpost

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire