Combustion reaction problem

samedi 30 novembre 2013

Hello everyone!



I have a question:



Let's say we have a 6g sample of a compound that has C, H and O. This sample is burned with excess oxygen.



I want to know if it is possible to recover the mass of O in the original compound from the mass of H2O and CO2 that will be produced (from combustion).



I also want to know if the mass of O in the original compound can be determined.



Here is my reasoning:



If we get the mass of C from CO2, that directly gives the mass of C in the compound. The same goes for hydrogen. We just subtract those two masses from 6g and get the mass of O in the compound.



So, I say that the mass of O in the original compound can be recovered and the mass of O in the original compound can be determined. What do you think?






via Physics Forums RSS Feed http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=725787&goto=newpost

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire