Variable Load (help me!)

lundi 30 juin 2014

Hi,



I'm currently working on my end of the year project for my studies.

I have a DC motor mechanically linked to a wind turbine PMA. My aim is to control the speed of this motor (using PWM) to simulate different types of winds.

My problem lies on the generator side. I need a load to dissipate the output power, but considering the fact that the output will constantly change (eg. gust of wind corresponding to a steep rise in speed) I need it to be automatically variable. I thought that a JFET would do the trick, but unfortunately they only support around 1 A at most. My PMA will deliver a maximum power of 350W and the 3 phase output goes through a rectifier to convert it to single phase.

I have no idea what I'm looking for and what kind of solution I could use.

Please help



Below you will find the specifications of my PMA.

Power Rating: 300W

Maximum Power: 350W

Rated Voltage: 24V

Rated Speed: 450 rpm



You can also find the voltage curve in the link below:

http://ift.tt/VzYua9



Thank you for your help =)



Maxstag





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire