Hard decision to be an engineer Please Help!

lundi 30 juin 2014

Hey and thank you in advance for taking the time to read and hopefully replying to this.



I have been doing a lot of research into becoming a mechanical engineer the past few weeks and this is sort of the last step for me in deciding whether or not to apply to the schools and commit to it. I have 2 questions, without sugar coating it how smart do successful mechanical engineers have to be? and after the all of the studying and hard work in university does the career get easier or is it always just as hard as when you were in school?



A little of my past:



I found math and computers to be easy subjects for me in school but science I struggled with although I found very interesting. I graduated high school with honours but took the easy route when I got out and became a welding apprentice for the money. Not sure if it applies but I have reality no experience with engines so if that is important in mechanical engineering that would be good to know. I found I hated welding and I really need a career to use my brain more. But I'm more of a work to live not live to work kind of guy so I don't want a career that is going to consume me after hours and weekends. If your an engineer of any kind what sort of hours do you work? I'm the type of guy that has very low self-confidence(probably why I went into welding in the first place its so easy) but great work ethic when I'm at work, I like to work hard to finish things and I pay close attention to detail. Do I sound like a good candidate to be a mechanical engineer or any type of engineer?

Thank you for reading again I know its an ear full.





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire