Electricity Without the analogies (need expert varification)

lundi 30 juin 2014

The topic of how electricity actually flows is one of the worst answered most common questions I've seen. Best answer I've seen was here by Gokul43201:

http://ift.tt/1voUDYb



I also HATE the "shock-wave" analogy





YET I'm still confused, as I know an electric field cannot propagate inside a conductor, I have read that a conductor is like a medium with infinite permittivity. I've seen pictures where the conductor's free charges move to set up an apposing electric field (I think) on the surface.



Crux:

So I always thought that a conducting wire was a TM mode TL, but I haven't seen any literature supporting my assumption (from Right hand screw rule), hence I believe it to be wrong.

Am I to conclude that infact the Electric Flux does indeed flow through at least the skin-depth (if AC) of a conductor at near the speed of 'c', because the charges are able to circulate in a loop?



(or an adoquate distance for high frequencies, in an antenna)





THANKS





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire