Looking for some information on the limits of copper circuitry

dimanche 29 juin 2014

Hi there,



I'll try my best to be descriptive. I'm looking for as much information as possible on the limits on current technologies in producing copper circuitry. I had a nice conversation the other day with a member of my research group and he was telling me about the demand for the ability to 3D print copper. He was saying as it stands it requires laser power beyond what is readily available. Now I'm not an electrical engineer by trade but I had a few ideas of things that might be fun for me to test regarding that. However, the size regime would be very small.



Some starting questions I suppose that would help me think are:



What are the current lower limits (speaking about size and current limitations I suppose) on copper circuitry? Is there a reason why we don't make things smaller than we do, or is smaller printed circuitry desirable?



What techniques are currently employed for making very small circuitry? I've read up on PCB fabrication techniques and what not but haven't found all the information I'm looking for.



If anyone could point me in the right direction to learn about the current state of very small scale circuitry production I'd be very grateful.



Thanks for your help,

CFlower





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire