Math + physics or EE or both?

dimanche 29 juin 2014

Hello, I recently just became admitted into the University of Alaska Fairbanks, and while I am still waiting for Financial Aid to come through I will most likely be attending there this fall.



I applied as a Electrical Engineering major and I would like to double major or possibly triple major in some of these topics; physics, math and electrical engineering.



I am mostly interested in mathematical physics topics but I would like to stay as employable as possible so that is the reason for wanting the EE major.



-Is it possible to just do Math and Electrical Engineering and go into mathematical physics for Graduate school? I am also interested in theoretical physics, quantum optics and plasma physics (which is what UAF has a lot of).



Are there certain physics courses I should take on top of a EE + math degree? I will be getting a minor in Russian or Japanese so I will be very busy, but will do what is needed.



Here is the EE curriculum for UAF:

EE F102--Introduction to Electrical Engineering--3 credits

EE F203--Electrical Engineering Fundamentals I--4 credits

EE F204--Electrical Engineering Fundamentals II--4 credits

EE F303--Electrical Machinery--4 credits

EE F311--Applied Engineering Electromagnetics--3 credits

EE F331--High Frequency Lab--1 credit

EE F333W--Physical Electronics--4 credits

EE F334--Electronic Circuit Design--4 credits

EE F343--Digital Systems Analysis and Design--4 credits

EE F353--Circuit Theory--3 credits

EE F354--Engineering Signal Analysis--3 credits

EE F471--Fundamentals of Automatic Control--3 credits

ES F101--Introduction to Engineering--3 credits

ES F201--Computer Techniques--3 credits

ES F208--Mechanics--4 credits

EE F412--Electromagnetic Waves and Devices--3 credits

EE F432--Electromagnetics Laboratory--1 credit

EE F461--Communication Systems--4 credits

Approved engineering science elective**--3 credits



And the curriculum for the physics major; ( the basic physics courses (cm, em and modern) are not listed here)

PHYS F220--Introduction to Computational Physics--4 credits

PHYS F301--Introduction to Mathematical Physics--4 credits

PHYS F341--Classical Physics I: Particle Mechanics--4 credits

PHYS F342--Classical Physics II: Electricity and Magnetism--4 credits

Complete 6 credits of MATH electives at the F300-level or above. (MATH F314, MATH F421, or MATH F422 are recommended.)*--6 credits

Complete the following:*

PHYS F313--Thermodynamics and Statistical Physics--4 credits

PHYS F343--Classical Physics III: Vibration and Waves--4 credits

PHYS F381W,O--Physics Laboratory--3 credits

PHYS F421--Quantum Mechanics--4 credits

PHYS F462--Geometrical and Physical Optics--4 credits

Complete 6 credits from the following:*

PHYS F471--Advanced Topics in Physics I

PHYS F472--Advanced Topics in Physics II



So what do you guys think I should do? Any opinions?





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire