The Force of Gravity Depends on Two Masses

lundi 30 juin 2014

Hello. I don't have a specific homework problem but more of an ideology problem with my brain. According to Newton's law of gravitation (written below), the force of gravity is directly proportional to the masses of both the objects under consideration. Why, then, is the force on a cart that I'm pushing solely dependent on its mass and not mine?





Newton's Law of Universal Gravitation: F = [Gm1m]/r^2



I have some sort of idea for an answer to this question, but none that I am able to verbalize; it's more of an intuition. Can someone much more talented than I please explain this to me in words?



Thank you for any and all help that I receive!

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data







2. Relevant equations







3. The attempt at a solution





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire