The current in a circuit using nodal analysis

dimanche 30 mars 2014

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Hi!



"Write an equation for I1."



Here is the circuit:





That is the question. I suppose one could do this many ways but I've decided to do it with nodal analysis. The problem here is that we only got an ideal current source. I have actually no clue.



So, I'd try to apply Kirchoff's Current Law to do this.



2. Relevant equations

KCL:

∑ Ii = 0





3. The attempt at a solution



I know that one is to pick a ground node somewhere. Let's pick the lower one for example.

Then one is to identify all nodes, in this case there are just another one.

Then what? Sorry but my teacher isn't very good at explaining this, at least not so I'd understand.



Am I correct if I'm to assume that an ideal current source and a parallell resistance R could be simplified to just an ideal current source?



If one is to apply KCL then it would maybe be something like:





Am I on the right track? Some general advice to do this smooth is worth it's weight in gold! :biggrin:

Thank you! :D





The right answer for this question is: I1 = -R2I0/R1+R2





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire