Hardy-Weinberg question

dimanche 30 mars 2014

It would seem to me that after monohybrid mating, the frequency of the dominant and recessive allele should change? I will donate original frequency (i.e. proportion) by f0 and that after mating by f1.



f1(Dom-Dom) = f0(Dom-Dom)2 + 1/2 * f0(Dom-Dom) * f0(Dom-Rec) + 1/4 * f0(Dom-Rec)2



Am I right so far? (I hope my notation is intelligible - f0(Genotype) is the fraction of the genotype, in the original population.)



Then we can replace the terms to find f1(Dom-Dom) = P(Dom)4 + 1/2 * P(Dom)2 * 2*P(Dom)*(1-P(Dom)) + 1/4 * (2*P(Dom)*(1-P(Dom)))2 = P(Dom)4 - P(Dom)3 + P(Dom)2.



Where P(Dom) is the frequency of the dominant allele and P(Rec) is the frequency of the recessive allele, P(Dom)+P(Rec)=1, in the original population. Thus it would seem that the frequency of the allele has changed due to the mating?





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire