Engineering Dynamics

dimanche 30 mars 2014

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Find the equation of motion for the following system:



(I-beam) vertically mounted, there is a guide for it so it is fixed in Y-motion

roller on the bottom tangent to the I-beam

roller has torque T being applied to it, assume no slip and no friction

I-beam mass "M"

roller mass "m", radius r





2. Relevant equations



Sum of the forces = ma

Sum of the moments = J (heta doubledot)

Moment of a circle = mr^2



3. The attempt at a solution



Whats confussing me is the fact that the problem states its an I-beam, is that even necessary? I mean the beam is not rotating or anything so I dont see why it should matter if its an I beam or a rod or anything. . .







*I forgot an r distributed to the Mg term*





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire