Swedish Math problem i got. Seems to be easy. but not quite....?

dimanche 30 mars 2014

This is a problem i chose because i thought it would be interesting as well as easy, however, i should have known better than to choose the last question in my maths book as my "essay" question. I have done it and i cant see how my method is wrong in any way. The answer i get is not realistic hence, something must be wrong. I will not show my calculations as it would take too long.



Question:

You are in a movie theatre. The screen is 8 m high and 2 meters from the ground as well as 3 meters from the first row of seats. All the seats are on an incline att an angle of 22 degrees. When you sit on a chair your eyes are 1 meter from the incline. Where on the incline are you to sit so that you will have the best viewing angle?

This is how it looks like and how i have thought a bit!

http://ift.tt/1gPzYKp



The text translates to "what value of "h" will give the best possible viewing angle? i.e how far upp the incline must you walk?"

Answer i got was 2.56 meters. Any help would be appreciated.





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire