Force of interaction between caps

dimanche 30 mars 2014

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data







2. Relevant equations







3. The attempt at a solution

I can extend the bigger cap with charge density ##\rho_2## and make it a complete sphere. If I do this, I must replace the smaller cap of charge density ##\rho_1## with a cap (of same dimensions) of charge density ##\rho_1-\rho_2##. Now this doesn't look right to me because if I continue to find the force of interaction with the help of this new configuration, the force turns out to be attractive as ##\rho_1 - \rho_2## is negative where as the force should be repulsive. :confused:



Any help is appreciated. Thanks!




Attached Images









File Type: png combined caps.png (6.0 KB)
File Type: png combined caps2.png (6.7 KB)







0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire