Calculate required valve diameter (Darcy-Weisbach)

lundi 31 mars 2014

I am planning to custom build a water tank into which a household washer should discharge it's used water. I have estimated that a tank holding 60 ltrs would be sufficient. This quantity should be released into the building's drainage system within about an hour because the system is old and has difficulty handling surges. My own difficulty is with calculating the required valve diameter. The advice I need is like, "use a 1/4" ball valve (and open it about half)".

Presuming that the draining velocity would be greater with the tank full, my purposes would be served if I could guarantee a maximum discharge rate of near 1 ltr per minute. It doesn't really matter how long the tank takes to drain fully as long as it isn't slower than the washer releases water. According to my research the most water-inefficient washer would use about 50 ltrs per wash which, in my experience, would take about an hour.

Thanks for the help!

Faustulus





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire