semiconductor diode (graph quesiton)

lundi 31 mars 2014

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data





The current-voltage characteristic curve of a semiconductor diode as a function of temperature T is given by the equation: ##I = I_0(e^{|e|\Delta V / k_BT}-1)##

where e is the base of the natural logarithm.

|e| is the charge of an electron

k_B is the boltzmann's constant

and T is the absolute temperature.



Set up a spreadsheet to calculate I and R = ΔV/I for V = 0.400V to 0.600V at 0.005 V increments. Assume I_0 = 1.00nA. Scatterplot R versus ΔV for T = 280K, 300K, 320 K. Plot the temperatures.



2. Relevant equations



see above

3. The attempt at a solution



I don't get how you can set up a spreadsheet to calculate I….aren't we missing the value of T?

And if "T" is suppose to be the absolute temperature, wouldn't it be 0 K making the fraction undefined?





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire