Molar extinction coefficient calculation.

dimanche 29 septembre 2013

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data



I need to calculate molar extinction coefficient for Albumin at 280nm.





2. Relevant equations



A=ε*c*L

ε=A/(c*L)

But since L=constant, I can just say ε=A/c





3. The attempt at a solution



The given molecular mass of albumin is 66,5kDa, which equals 66500g/mol. I do understand that I can find c (concentration) via the molecular mass. What I don't understand is how can I find ε if I still have another unknown, which in this case happens to be A.



So: ε(unknown)=A(unknown)/c(known).



Have I missed something really simple and overthinking this for myself? How can I find Absorbance?






via Physics Forums RSS Feed http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=713256&goto=newpost

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire