Help with calculating weight that steel tubing can handle

lundi 30 septembre 2013

Hello everyone...



Would firstly like to say that i'm new to this forum so please forgive me if i posted this in the wrong place.



I am currently busy with a marine tank build and need some help as the title says.



I have 2mm thick 2"x2" steel square tubing which i am thinking of using for the stand. I just need help to find out if this steel will be strong enough to hold the weight of the tank. when filled the tank should weigh more or less around 1600kg.



The stand dimensions is : L = 1500mm, W = 1000mm, H = 1000mm ( sorry for metrics.. I'm from SA)



I have attached a pic of the stand so you guys can see where it will be braced as well. The bottom part of the stand will be for a sump tank, which will weigh a lot less as it will be shallow hold a lot less water.



Thanks in advance for the help



P.S. I have tried the online calculators and its all greek for me as I am not in the engineering field.. hence my search for help here...




Attached Images





File Type: jpg stand.jpg (40.9 KB)








via Physics Forums RSS Feed http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=713514&goto=newpost

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire