Something that should be extremely simple, isnt..

mercredi 29 janvier 2014

Hello!



I am having an issue with something that should be extremely simple. Essentially, all I am trying to do is plot the blackbody curve at 2000K in terms of the wavelength. The formula I am using can be seen here.. (Don't feel like typing it)



http://ift.tt/Lc3awZ



In the "Planck Radiation Formula" section, second box. Every time I try to plot it, it ends up looking like a normal exponential decay function, except symmetrical about the y axis, NOT the blackbody curve. I got the TA in my grad lab to help and he is also stumped. After calculating the numbers, I got the formula to be..



[tex]\frac{5 \times 10^{-24}}{\lambda^5}\frac{1}{e^{\frac{0.144}{2000 \lambda}}-1}[/tex]



Can anyone shed light on this?





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire